AML Training Academy Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering (Accounts Staff)
Accounts staff are alert to potential frauds and the need to comply with other regulations. They are the best people you could hope to have screening all payments/receipts authorised by the Fee Earners/Case Handlers.
This award is aimed at harnessing the talents of Accounts Staff to apply AML awareness and fraud prevention to all payments flowing in and out of the firm.
The Accounts Staff course ensures that each participant understands their duties and obligations under the new 2017 AML Regulations and the firm’s Policies & Procedures, and has the skills to carry out their role thoroughly and professionally.
The syllabus and learning outcomes of the Accounts Staff Certificate include:
- An appreciation of the law relating to money laundering and terrorist financing, and data protection and how it has shaped their firm’s AML policies, controls and procedures with particular focus on activity around receipt and payment of funds.
- An understanding of their firm’s AML framework including:
- the written policies and procedures;
- the role of the AML Board Member, MLRO, Compliance Team, Fee Earner/Case Handler, Accounts Staff and Gatekeeper and who is in what role;
- their own role, the part they play in supporting other colleagues in the firm and how they in turn are supported by their colleagues.
- The critical importance of recording everything AML related that is said, thought or done in respect of each Client/Matter they are involved with.
- A thorough understanding of the risks detailed in the firm’s risk assessment and the red flag indicators to look out for.
- A thorough understanding of PEPs, FATF and other High Risk Countries, the UK Sanctions regime and the importance of applying these requirements to all authorised payments and receipts.
- Their role as an independent double check to ensure that all payments authorised or received comply with the AML Regulations, the UK Sanctions regime, the firm’s AML policies, procedure and controls and other regulations they are obliged to comply with.
- Knowing what to do if they identify unusual activity or if there is anything that does not feel right.
Assessment leading to award of Certificate
To maintain the value of the Accounts Staff Certificate each participant’s level of skills and knowledge will be assessed by one of our AML Coaches.
This assessment is in 2 parts:
- An online quiz designed to assess AML knowledge with a focus on authorised payments and receipts to be processed by the Accounts Department.
- The candidate working through several relevant scenarios that have been agreed in advance with your MLRO and Compliance Team and set up in the online Training Area using the dummy documents and materials supplied.
During a one-to-one online assessment the candidate will talk the AML Coach through the risks/gaps that they identified and they how have dealt with them.
The AML Coach will review and provide feedback on the steps taken and assess the candidate’s core AML knowledge and skills.
Our AML Coaches will work with every candidate who demonstrates commitment and effort to help them raise their knowledge and skills to the level required to obtain the Accounts Staff Certificate. If the required level is not demonstrated in the first Assessment a subsequent Assessment will be arranged. The AML Coach will work with the candidate to address the areas that were identified as needing attention.
At the same time as sending successful participants their Certificate the AML Coach will advise their MLRO that they have obtained their Accounts Staff Certificate.
What does it cost?
The course fee is £180 + VAT.
- 10 hours (5 private study, 5 interactive webinars) spread over 6 weeks.
- Maximum number of candidates on each course is 9 and minimum is 6.
- Course dates are confirmed when 6 or more participants book places.
- Includes training materials that can be used in the workplace.
- Designed and delivered by experienced industry practitioners.
- One-to-one Assessment leading to award of Certificate.
If you have a training requirement for 10 or more Accounts Staff why not contact us to discuss us tailoring the content of the Account Staff course to match the AML policies, controls and procedures you have in place?
All of the Accounts Staff course can be delivered online and is therefore available worldwide. If you would prefer the training be delivered face to face at your office/training venue please contact us to discuss this.