AML Training Academy Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering (Fee Earner/Case Hander)
Fee Earners/Case Handlers are responsible for ensuring 100% Compliance in every Client/Matter they deal with personally or have delegated to someone in their team.
As the person in overall charge of the Client/Matter they are the only person who can properly assess and manage the risks presented in one of their Client/Matters. If there is a breach or a fraud on one of their transactions it could be a career ending event for them.
This course is designed to protect the Fee Earner/Case Handler, their career and the firm by building their knowledge and awareness of what they have to do to comply with their obligations and duties under the AML Regulations and how to identify possible frauds.
Fee Earners/Case Handlers need the skills and knowledge to be able to quickly check that their Gatekeepers have done their job properly. They also need a clear understanding of how and when they should/must refer Client/Matters to the Compliance Teams or the MLRO.
Fee Earners/Case Handlers are key people who generate income for the firm. AML is just one regulatory area, and fraudsters just one threat of which they need to be mindful. The higher the level of skill and knowledge the Fee Earner/Case Handler can attain the less time they will spend on AML and the better protected they will be.
The syllabus and learning outcomes of the Fee Earner/Case Handler Certificate include:
- A detailed knowledge of the law relating to money laundering and terrorist financing, and data protection and how it has shaped their firm’s AML policies, controls and procedures.
- A thorough understanding of their firm’s AML framework including:
- the written policies and procedures;
- the role of the AML Board Member, MLRO, Compliance Team, Fee Earner/Case Handler, Accounts Staff and Gatekeeper and who is in what role;
- their own role, the part they play in supporting other colleagues in the firm and how they in turn are supported by their colleagues.
- The critical importance of recording everything AML-related that is said, thought or done in respect of each Client/Matter they are responsible for.
- When and how to record their initial Risk Assessment of a new Client/Matter.
- A thorough understanding of the risks detailed in the firm’s risk assessment and the red flag indicators to look out for in each Client/Matter they deal with.
- Ensuring that the 5 Steps to AML Compliance have been properly carried out by their Gatekeepers on each of their Client/Matters.
- Having a clear understanding of when they must escalate a query or Red Flag to the Compliance Team.
- The importance of on-going monitoring during the course of a Client/Matter and over a range of Matters for that Client.
- Using the Risk reports to check that their Client/Matters, and those being dealt with by any Fee Earner or Gatekeeper whose work they are responsible for, are fully Compliant with the firm’s Policies & Procedures.
- Ensuring that any issues that are flagged are resolved or explained before the Compliance Team run and save their AML reports.
- Agreeing their Personal Training Plan with the MLRO and commiting to it. Participating in the training arranged by the Compliance Team and keeping their training record up to date. Making every effort to build their AML knowledge and skills to expert level and to apply this higher level of AML knowledge and skills to every aspect of the Client/Matters they are involved with.
Assessment leading to award of Certificate
To maintain the value of the Fee Earner/Case Handler Certificate each participant’s level of skills and knowledge will be assessed by one of our AML Coaches.
This assessment is in 2 parts:
- Several online quizzes designed to assess AML knowledge across a range of Topics.
- The candidate working through several relevant scenarios that have been agreed in advance with your MLRO and Compliance Team and set up in the online Training Area using the dummy documents and materials supplied.
During a one-to-one online assessment the candidate will talk the AML Coach through the risks/gaps that they identified and they how have dealt with them.
The AML Coach will review and provide feedback on the steps taken and assess the candidate’s core AML knowledge and skills.
Our AML Coaches will work with every candidate who demonstrates commitment and effort to help them raise their knowledge and skills to the level required to obtain the Fee Earner/Case Handler Certificate. If the required level is not demonstrated in the first Assessment a subsequent Assessment will be arranged. The AML Coach will work with the candidate to address the areas that were identified as needing attention.
At the same time as sending successful participants their Certificate the AML Coach will advise their MLRO that they have obtained their Fee Earner/Case Handler Certificate.
What does it cost?
The course fee is £380 + VAT.
- 20 hours (10 private study, 5 interactive webinars, 5 Workshop) spread over 10 weeks.
- Maximum number of candidates on each course is 9 and minimum is 6.
- Course dates are confirmed when 6 or more participants book places.
- There will be a maximum of 20 participants at each Workshop.
- Includes training materials that can be used in the workplace.
- Designed and delivered by experienced industry practitioners.
- One-to-one Assessment leading to award of Certificate.
If you have a training requirement for 20 or more Fee Earner/Case Handlers why not contact us to discuss us tailoring the content of the Fee Earner/Case Handlers course to match the AML policies, controls and procedures you have in place?
Most of the Fee Earner/Case Handlers course can be delivered online and is therefore available worldwide. If you would prefer the training be delivered face to face at your office/training venue please contact us to discuss this.